- Customers and Their Expectations
- Elements of a Customer-Centric Culture
- The Voice of the Customer
- Making Ethical Decisions and Protecting Customers
- Listening and Understanding
- Communicating Effectively
- Empathy and Cultural Sensitivity
- Understanding and Managing Customer Behavior
- Verbal Interactions
- Written Interactions
- Time and Stress Management
- Evaluating Customer Service Processes
- Evaluating Customer Service Interactions
- Identify the components of a customer-centric culture and how the functions performed by an insurance company's customer-facing and non-customer-facing employees impact the customer experience.
- Define the voice of the customer, and describe how insurance companies use technology and journey mapping to improve the customer experience.
- Describe the primary principles of ethical conduct; identify red flags that may indicate fraudulent acts, including senior financial exploitation and other cybercrime; and describe how insurance companies combat such fraud.
- Describe and demonstrate active listening skills and empathy, and explain how they are used to improve customer interactions.
- Recognize and interpret various forms of verbal, nonverbal, and written communication; know when to use the different communication methods; and identify cultural differences that affect communication.
- Recognize the kinds of situations that cause customers to become upset, apply conflict management techniques to calm upset or angry customers, and create appropriate solutions.
- Create SMART goals and priority lists, and identify the coping styles people use to reduce stress and distress.
- Distinguish between operational and service metrics, and explain how insurance companies use performance standards, benchmarks, key performance indicators, and performance management charts to monitor progress toward meeting targets and achieving goals.
LOMA's popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio, and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment is required.
Online interactive courses are self-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
LOMA's popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio, and scenario-based learning.
How to Enroll
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
- Log in to your LOMA Learning account using your login ID and password.
- Browse the Learning Catalog for the course for which you would like to enroll.
- Select ADD TO CART next to the items for which you would like to enroll.
- Return to the catalog to continue searching for courses and add additional items to your shopping cart, or click the shopping cart to check out.
- Note: if you have not already done so, you will be prompted to log in to the LOMA learning system at this time. Once you have successfully logged in, click the shopping cart again to begin the checkout process.
- Review your shopping cart, and add any promotional or order discount code. Click CHECK OUT to proceed.
- If you are purchasing a physical product (example: a textbook), complete the SHIPPING information screen.
- Enter payment information
- If your company has set up direct billing with LOMA, an account code will appear next to the “Bill My Company” field.
- If you are using direct-to-company billing method, ensure that the radio button next to the “Bill My Company” field is selected and then click “Next” to continue.
- If you are paying for your enrollment by credit card, enter all of the required fields for a credit card transaction. Once you have provided all of the required information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review your order, accept LOMA’s Terms and Conditions, and click BUY NOW. An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you.