- Introduction to Retirement Income Planning
- Retirement Readiness, Behavioral Economics, and Risks
- Sources of Retirement Income
- Planning for Expenses
◦ Health and Long-Term Care Expenses
◦ Housing Decisions
- Creating, Implementing, and Monitoring the Plan
◦ Determining Needs; Generating Income
◦ Case Studies
- Educate customers about post-retirement risks and recommend specific solutions.
- Describe the different sources of retirement income, such as Social Security retirement benefits, tax-advantaged retirement plans, IRAs, investments, and nonqualified annuities; explain important decisions that individuals generally must make with regard to each source.
- Explain the importance of Medicare insurance, Medigap policies, and Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCI) policies in a retirement income plan.
- Evaluate an individual’s or couple’s retirement readiness and recommend solutions to a potential retirement shortfall; explain how this evaluation can be performed with and without the use of retirement planning calculators.
- Describe income-generating strategies used in the decumulation phase, such as the systematic withdrawal strategy, the bucket strategy, and the flooring strategy; explain the importance of asset allocation and periodic rebalancing during retirement.
- Explain why a retiree would want stocks, bonds, and/or mutual funds in his or her retirement investment portfolio and describe the risks each poses.
- Discuss the requirements an individual retirement account and an individual retirement annuity must meet to qualify for favorable federal tax treatment, including contribution requirements and minimum distribution requirements.
LOMA's popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio, and scenario-based learning.
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
- Log in to your LOMA Learning account using your login ID and password.
- Browse the Learning Catalog for the course for which you would like to enroll.
- Select ADD TO CART next to the items for which you would like to enroll.
- Return to the catalog to continue searching for courses and add additional items to your shopping cart, or click the shopping cart to check out.
- Note: if you have not already done so, you will be prompted to log in to the LOMA learning system at this time. Once you have successfully logged in, click the shopping cart again to begin the checkout process.
- Review your shopping cart, and add any promotional or order discount code. Click CHECK OUT to proceed.
- If you are purchasing a physical product (example: a textbook), complete the SHIPPING information screen.
- Enter payment information
- If your company has set up direct billing with LOMA, an account code will appear next to the “Bill My Company” field.
- If you are using direct-to-company billing method, ensure that the radio button next to the “Bill My Company” field is selected and then click “Next” to continue.
- If you are paying for your enrollment by credit card, enter all of the required fields for a credit card transaction. Once you have provided all of the required information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review your order, accept LOMA’s Terms and Conditions, and click BUY NOW. An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you.