Enrolling in Courses with Proctored Exams
LOMA requires proctored examinations for many of its professional designation courses. Study materials for these courses are delivered via online Course Portal, and enrollment in the Course Portal also includes enrollment in one of our proctored exam options for the course. Proctored exams are administered in LOMA member organizations and in independent testing locations around the globe. LOMA exams vary in length from two–three hours. Consult the Designation Study Materials Roadmap for specific information about the length of your exam.
Proctored examinations can take one of two forms:
- Log in to your LOMA Learning account using your login ID and password.
- Browse the Learning Catalog for the course in which you would like to enroll.
- Select ADD TO CART next to the items in which you would like to enroll.
- Choose Exam Type — you must choose between I*STAR or (if available) Paper Exam enrollment.
Return to the catalog to continue searching for courses and add additional items to your shopping cart, or click the shopping cart to check out.
- Select Exam Site — your company’s primary exam site (if applicable) will appear on the screen. To see other available exam sites, click “Search.”
- Note for independent students: Click “Include 3rd party exam sites” to find open exam sites offered by other companies. More information about Independent Student enrollment. When you have selected an exam site, click “Save.”
Review your shopping cart. Click CHECK OUT to proceed.
If you are purchasing a physical product (example: a textbook), complete the SHIPPING information screen.
Enter payment information.
- If you have not already done so, you will be prompted to log in to the LOMA learning system at this time. Once you have successfully logged in, click the shopping cart again to begin the checkout process.
Review your order, accept LOMA’s Terms and Conditions, and click BUY NOW. An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you.
- If your company has set up direct billing with LOMA, an account code will appear next to the “Bill My Company” field.
- If you are using direct-to-company billing method, ensure that the radio button next to the “Bill My Company” field is selected and then click “Next” to continue.
- If you are paying for your enrollment by credit card, enter all of the required fields for a credit card transaction. Once you have provided all of the required information, click “Next” to continue.