The Learning Live Series features short, virtual, facilitated sessions that expand your knowledge of essential topics.
This session provides an overview of life insurance distribution systems and channels and explores how they are evolving in our changing industry. Participants will learn about various distribution methods, factors that insurers consider when choosing which methods to use, and how insurtech and other disruptors are affecting distribution.
- The importance of distribution to an insurer’s success, both financially and in meeting customer needs
- The agency relationship, including agent licensing and monitoring
- Various types of financial professionals who sell life insurance (career and independent agents, brokers, registered investment advisors)
- Direct-to-consumer (D2C) methods of distribution
- Factors that insurers consider when making distribution strategy decisions
- Innovation in distribution
Each live, interactive, two-hour Learning Live session addresses an industry-specific topic in our online virtual classroom. Facilitators and industry experts share high-quality educational content, lead discussions, and facilitate group activities to encourage strategic thinking and problem-solving.