Outstanding Society Award: Society Membership Achievement
Purpose: To recognize Societies that do an outstanding job of recruiting new members, maintaining current members, recognizing new designation holders, recognizing outstanding members, and involving the membership in Society operations and activities.
To earn the award, criteria 1 and 2 must be met, along with three of the remaining six criteria. Societies must submit documentation to prove that the criteria have been met. Judges will make the final determination as to whether the criteria have been satisfied.
- Societies must have made an effort to contact all new and non-participating LOMA designees in the Society area to communicate the benefits of Society membership. The contact must have been more than a meeting notice or an invitation to a meeting.
- The Society must have added new and previously uninvolved members. (Required documentation: A list of the new Society members.)
- Eighty percent of the membership from the previous Society year must have renewed membership for the Society year under consideration.
- The Society must have recognized the contributions of its membership by sponsoring a formal membership recognition program, preferably a Distinguished Service Award program as outlined in the LOMA Society Officers' Manual.
- Society meetings must have been attended by an average of at least 60% of the total membership, or there must have been a 10% increase in average meeting attendance from the previous year.
- The lesser of (a) 10% of average meeting attendance or (b) 20 Society members must be involved in Society committee work.
- The Society must have provided the availability of at least four meetings and/or events, including an Annual Meeting, fostering the opportunity for all members to network, interact and receive educational information.