Outstanding Society Award: Education Achievement
Purpose: To recognize Societies that do an outstanding job of encouraging individuals to enroll in LOMA designation programs and to complete their designations.
Criteria 1 along with four of the remaining seven criteria must be met to earn this award. Societies must submit documentation to prove that the criteria have been met. Judges will make the final determination as to whether the criteria have been satisfied.
- The Society must have fostered ongoing relationships with LOMA Educational Representatives (Ed Reps) by inviting Ed Reps to Society meetings and activities, including Ed Reps on the Society mailing list, and allowing Ed Reps associate membership in the Society.
- The Society must have made significant efforts to assist students in obtaining instruction for LOMA program courses either by offering formal classes or by proactively collecting and disseminating information about classes being taught in the Society area.
- The Society must have sponsored a mentor program.
- The Society must have sponsored or participated in an education fair.
- The Society must have allowed and promoted the availability of student membership/involvement in the Society.
- The Society must have worked with local institutions of higher education to seek approval of credit for LOMA program courses. LOMA's academic credit coordinator must have been involved in these activities.
- The Society must have sponsored a scholarship program for college/university students. The program must have written requirements for both the college/university and the students. Information explaining the details of the program and applications for the program must have been sent to the sponsoring college/university.
- The Society must have provided an industry related professional development program (workshop, seminar, conference, etc.) i.e. professional development opportunities beyond the regular meeting programming provided by all Societies.