What Is Insurance Immersion?
Insurance Immersion is an intensive, interactive, 2½-day learning experience that delivers industry-specific knowledge essential to performing successfully in the life insurance and annuity products environment.
This innovative immersion approach offers several key benefits:
- It’s effective. In lively and fast-paced sessions, program participants live and breathe insurance for 2½ days as they move from understanding to application and synthesis. Insurance Immersion is an ideal learning environment for people who recently have been assigned a middle management or consultative professional role in a life or annuity company but have limited or no insurance experience.
- It's fast. The program involves 6–8 hours of individual pre-class preparation and 2½ days of intensive instruction and class work, enabling participants to accelerate their transition to their new job and make positive contributions quickly and effectively.
- It’s comprehensive. A committee of insurance industry leaders has identified the critical course topics and learning outcomes. Insurance Immersion offers participants access to LOMA’s 80+ years of industry know-how.
Insurance Immersion is ‘cutting edge’ training:
- The program’s instructors are subject matter experts highly respected for their real-world experience and knowledge of the industry.
- Class size is limited to 25 students who have been recommended by their companies and carefully screened by LOMA to ensure a good fit for the immersion experience.
- Immersion is not for the passive learner! Participants must be ready to join in structured group learning activities, lively discussion, and networking.
What Does Insurance Immersion Cover?
Through this one-of-a-kind program, participants gain an understanding of the unique nature of the life insurance industry—the industry structure, operations, products, terminology—and benefit from peer networking opportunities. Program content includes:
- Industry overview
- Life and annuity products, distribution, and product profitability
- Annuity suitability, underwriting, customer service, claims, operational efficiencies and risks, and market conduct
- Finance and risk management
NOTE: This program does not cover the health insurance industry sector.
How Does Insurance Immersion Work?
- Beginning with the application process, the candidate can expect a highly participatory learning process.
- Accepted participants meet with their management sponsor before the session to identify individual learning objectives, management expectations and topics for additional learning and discussion.
- To assure a level playing field and help prepare for active and meaningful participation, attendees complete 6–8 hours of pre-session work.
- Throughout the 2½ day session, participants are immersed in an intensive learning experience, obtaining instruction from experienced insurance professionals and participating in structured group learning activities.
- At the end of the session, participants return to their jobs with the benefits of peer networking and the employee development, research, and information sharing resources that LOMA membership provides.
Contact us to find out more about Insurance Immersion:
- In the United States
- In Canada