FLMI: Fellow, Life Management Institute
More than 94,000 insurance professionals have improved their careers with an FLMI designation — shouldn’t you?
When you have earned your Fellow, Life Management Institute™ (FLMI®), you'll be recognized by the industry, your competitors and your peers as a professional with advanced expertise in the operations, products and management of life and health insurance companies.
The FLMI designation covers important topics including:
- The basics of life insurance and annuity products and how these products meet customer needs
- The functions and interrelationships of each major operational area and how they contribute to the financial success of an organization
- Insurance administration for individual and group life coverage
- Basic financial concepts and terminology as related to the business of insurance and company operations and profitability
- The basic features and principles of the legal environment in which financial services companies around the world operate
- Marketing principles and the functions of marketing within the insurance industry
- Techniques for providing financial services as efficiently as possible
- Financial and managerial accounting in life insurance companies
- Investment principles and institutional investing
- Technical product design and the current state of risk management in insurance companies
The Need 2 Know courses apply toward the FLMI. To enroll for a course, contact your Educational Representative or log into LOMANET and click Enroll for Exam. Please consult the Education & Training Catalog or the Designation Progress screen on LOMANET to determine which courses are required for this designation.