AIAF: Associate in Insurance Accounting & Finance
Life / Health Track
If you work in accounting or other financial areas, or if you work in Information Services and use financial data to evaluate insurer performance, then the AIAF is the ideal program for you.
Jointly sponsored by LOMA and the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters / Insurance Institute of America (AICPCU/IIA), the AIAF program will provide you with a rigorous overview of the accounting and financial operations of life and health insurers.
When you complete the five AIAF Program courses, you will:
- Be familiar with accounting procedures used in the life and health insurance industry
- Know the statutory accounting requirements that insurance companies must follow
- Distinguish between statutory accounting, GAAP, and tax-basis accounting
- Understand the insurance accountant's role in planning, budgeting, and management reporting
- Be familiar with cost allocation, treasury management, and asset/liability matching operations within insurance companies
Note: The AIAF designation will be offered only through December 31, 2012.
To enroll for a course, contact your Educational Representative or log into LOMANET and click Enroll for Exam. Please consult the Education & Training Catalog or the Designation Progress screen on LOMANET to determine which courses are required for this designation.