LIMRA and LOMA Name Board of Directors to Lead Newly Established Secure Retirement Institute
NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2013 – LIMRA and LOMA President and CEO Robert A. Kerzner, CLU, ChFC, announced the establishment of the LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement InstituteTM during his remarks at the 2013 LIMRA Annual Conference this week.
“Retirement is top of mind for most Americans but our research shows that many consumers have not saved or planned enough to achieve a financially secure retirement,” said Kerzner. “While there has been much debate on what is causing this lack of preparedness, I think we can all agree that getting better understanding on the fundamental issues undermining Americans’ financial security in the hands of decisions makers is critical and would help certainly move us in the right direction.”
The LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement Institute will focus on advancing research and education as catalysts for innovation within the industry to help improve retirement readiness and promote retirement security. The Secure Retirement Institute Board of Directors brings together senior leaders from across the financial services retirement landscape to discuss and identify what we can do to improve retirement readiness.
The Secure Retirement Institute board members include:
- Gumer Alvero, EVP, and General Manager, RiverSource Annuities, Ameriprise
- William C. Anderson, SVP, American Funds Distributors, Inc.
- Maliz Beams, CEO, Retirement Solutions, ING U.S.
- Gregory Burrows, SVP, Retirement and Investor Services, Principal Financial Group
- Dewey P. Bushaw, EVP, Retirement Solutions Division, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Kent G. Callahan, President and CEO, Employer Solutions & Pensions Division, Transamerica
- Chip Castille, Managing Director, BlackRock, Inc.
- William Chetney, EVP, LPL Financial Services
- Charles C. Cornelio, President, Retirement Plan Services, Lincoln Financial Group
- Aimee DeCamillo, Vice President of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and Co-Lead of Retirement Plan Services
- Peter Gordon, President and General Manager, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services
- John M. Grogan, Jr., SVP, Planning and Sales, Northwestern Mutual
- Eric S. Henderson, SVP, Life Insurance and Annuities, Nationwide Financial
- David N. Levenson, Principal, Retirement, Insurance and Banking, Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P.
- Drew Lawton, Senior Managing Director, Retirement Solutions and Third Party Distribution, New York Life Investments Group
- Bill L. Lowe, President, Sammons Retirement Solutions
- Julia McCarthy, EVP, Workplace Marketing, Solutions & Experience, Fidelity
- James McCool, EVP, Client Solutions, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
- Edmund F. Murphy III, Head of Defined Contribution, Putnam Investments
- Charlie P. Nelson, President, Retirement Services, Great-West Financial Services
- Robert F. O'Donnell, President, Prudential Annuities
- Joseph F. Ready, EVP and Director, Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust, Wells Fargo
- Katherine Roy, Executive Director, Individual Retirement, JP Morgan Asset Management
- Elaine A. Sarsynski, EVP, MassMutual's Retirement Services Division; Chairman, MassMutual International
- Jon Stenberg, EVP and General Manager, RiverSource Insurance, Ameriprise
- Eric J. Thomes, SVP, Sales, Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America
“The expectations and realities of retirement are changing as people are living longer, healthier lives,” noted Kerzner. “As the trusted source of industry knowledge, it is important that LIMRA and LOMA lead our industry in the exploration and discussion of what a secure retirement means today, what it will mean in the future and how our industry will adjust to meet the changing needs of Americans and help them reach their financial goals throughout their lives.”
Catherine Theroux, 860-285-7787, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Morris, 860-285-7875, email@example.com
About LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement Institute
The LIMRA LOMA Secure Retirement Institute provides comprehensive, unbiased research and education about all aspects within the retirement industry to improve retirement readiness and promote retirement security.
LIMRA, a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization, is the trusted source of industry knowledge, helping more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness. Visit LIMRA at www.limra.com.
Established in 1924, with 1,200 plus member companies in over 80 countries, LOMA is committed to a business partnership with its world-wide members in the insurance and financial services industry to improve their management and operations through quality employee development, research, information sharing, and related products and services. To find out more about LOMA and the learning opportunities it offers, visit LOMA’s Web site at www.loma.org.