FFSI Level I
Financial Services Fundamentals
Available in: Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), English
LOMA's FFSI Level 1 Certificate provides need-to-know information about the financial services industry so employees quickly gain confidence, serve the customer effectively, and contribute to company success.
- The Life and Health Insurance Industry
- Regulation of the Insurance Industry
- Introduction to Risk and Insurance
- Meeting Needs for Life Insurance
- The Insurance Policy
- Pricing Life Insurance
- Individual Life Coverages and Supplementary Benefits
- Policy Provisions and Policy Ownership Rights
- Life Insurance Policy Beneficiaries
- Paying Life Insurance Policy Proceeds
- Principles of Group Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Annuities and Individual Retirement Products
- Group Pension and Retirement Savings Plans
- Medical Expense and Disability Income Insurance
- Traditional Group and Individual Health Policies
- Managed Care Plans Regulation of Health Insurance
- Insurance Company Organization and Operations
- Corporate Governance, Ethics, and Control
- Legal and Compliance
- Human Resources Management
- Information and Technology
- Financial Management Accounting, Treasury Operations, and Auditing
- Investment Management
- Marketing Activities and Strategies
- Product Development
- Product Distribution
- Underwriting and New Business Processing
- Claim and Annuity Benefit Administration
- Customer Service
Learners must complete two required courses to earn the FFSI Level 1 Certificate.
The major categories of financial services — cash management, credit, asset protection, asset accumulation and management, and asset distribution — form the framework for LOMA 286, which surveys banking, insurance, and investment products.
LOMA 305 provides an understanding of the concepts, decision-making tools, and applications involved in personal financial planning.
|Level I: Certificate|
|Learners must complete both required courses|
to earn the Certificate.
|LOMA 286||LOMA 305|
|Level I: LOMA awards a personalized certificate to learners upon successful completion of LOMA 286 and LOMA 305.|
Course Credit Notes
- LOMA 286 and LOMA 305 will be offered only until the end of 2014.