SRI 210 — Successful Retirement Outcomes
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course
Topics: Financial Services & Financial Planning, Marketing & Business Acquisition, Operations & Administration, Retirement & Annuities
Designations: ASRI, FSRI
Successful Retirement Outcomes (SRI 210) focuses on the increasingly significant business of retirement income. Research suggests retirement income is a growth market, with the number of retirees projected to grow to 64 million by 2025. Moreover, the number of pre-retirees (age 55+) will grow to 45 million by just 2020. Providing retirement income services to these individuals will be vital for leading retirement providers of all types.
This course teaches key business concepts valuable for customer facing, operations, technology and other associates, using our popular, effective and contemporary, highly-interactive delivery, and can be completed in approximately 14–16 hours.
Learners will gain knowledge of the essential steps in retirement income planning, including how an individual or couple calculates the amount of income needed to satisfy retirement goals; evaluates income sources and expenses to determine whether a shortfall exists; and then develops, implements, and monitors a strategy for generating income and protecting assets.
Successful Retirement Outcomes also represents an exceptional development tool, complementary to role specific training, which can enhance service effectiveness, associate engagement and workforce mobility.
- Introduction to Retirement Income Planning
- Retirement Readiness, Behavioral Economics, and Risks
- Sources of Retirement Income
- Planning for Expenses
◦ Health and Long-Term Care Expenses
◦ Housing Decisions
- Creating, Implementing, and Monitoring the Plan
◦ Determining Needs; Generating Income
◦ Case Studies
Module 1: Intro: Most Common Sources of Income
1. Introduction to Retirement Income Security
2. Social Security Retirement Benefits
3. Tax-Advantaged Retirement Plans
4. Required Minimum Distributions from Tax-Advantaged Retirement Plans
Module 2: Additional Sources of Income
2. Roth IRAs
3. Investments as Sources of Income: Investment Portfolios, Stocks, and Bonds
4. Investments as Sources of Income: Mutual Funds, EFTs, Cash, and Real Estate
Module 3: Planning for Expenses and Protecting Assets
1. Health Care Expenses in Retirement
2. Long-Term Care Expenses in Retirement
3. Housing Decisions
Module 4: Developing, Implementing, and Monitoring the Plan
1. Retirement Readiness and Income Needs
2. Strategies for the Decumulation Phase
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
First time enrollers in LOMANET need to create a record.
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Choose language
- Click on Register.
- Enter your Company Number and Ed Rep Last Name and click Continue Registration
OR click Continue Registration for Independent Students.
- Enter Name, e-mail, and date of birth. Click Submit.
- You will receive your ID and a temporary password for LOMANET.
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on Enroll for Exam.
- Choose your course from the list.
- Click on the timeframe to access the course.
- Enter payment information and click Enroll.
To Access the Course
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on My Learning.
- Click on the link for the course you're studying.