SRI 210 describes the importance of retirement income planning in the decumulation phase of retirement. Delivered in a highly interactive online format, learners will gain knowledge of the essential steps in retirement income planning, including how an individual or couple calculates the amount of income needed to satisfy retirement goals; evaluates income sources and expenses to determine whether a shortfall exists; and then develops, implements, and monitors a strategy for generating income and protecting assets.
This course will be available in July 2015.
Module 1: Intro: Most Common Sources of Income
1. Introduction to Retirement Income Security
2. Social Security Retirement Benefits
3. Tax-Advantaged Retirement Plans
4. Required Minimum Distributions from Tax-Advantaged Retirement Plans
Module 2: Additional Sources of Income
2. Roth IRAs
3. Investments as Sources of Income: Investment Portfolios, Stocks, and Bonds
4. Investments as Sources of Income: Mutual Funds, EFTs, Cash, and Real Estate
Module 3: Planning for Expenses and Protecting Assets
1. Health Care Expenses in Retirement
2. Long-Term Care Expenses in Retirement
3. Housing Decisions
Module 4: Developing, Implementing, and Monitoring the Plan
1. Retirement Readiness and Income Needs
2. Strategies for the Decumulation Phase
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!