SRI 210 — Successful Retirement Outcomes
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course, Designation
Topics: Financial Services & Financial Planning, Marketing & Business Acquisition, Operations & Administration, Retirement & Annuities
Designations: ASRI, FSRI
Successful Retirement Outcomes (SRI 210) focuses on the increasingly significant business of retirement income. Research suggests retirement income is a growth market, with the number of retirees projected to grow to 64 million by 2025. Moreover, the number of pre-retirees (age 55+) will grow to 45 million by just 2020. Providing retirement income services to these individuals will be vital for leading retirement providers of all types.
This course teaches key business concepts valuable for customer facing, operations, technology and other associates, using our popular, effective and contemporary, highly-interactive delivery, and can be completed in approximately 14–16 hours.
Learners will gain knowledge of the essential steps in retirement income planning, including how an individual or couple calculates the amount of income needed to satisfy retirement goals; evaluates income sources and expenses to determine whether a shortfall exists; and then develops, implements, and monitors a strategy for generating income and protecting assets.
Successful Retirement Outcomes also represents an exceptional development tool, complementary to role specific training, which can enhance service effectiveness, associate engagement and workforce mobility.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Educate their customers about post-retirement risks and recommend specific solutions to post-retirement risks
- Describe the different sources of retirement income, such as Social Security retirement benefits, tax-advantaged retirement plans, IRAs, investments, and nonqualified annuities; and explain important decisions that individuals generally must make with regard to each source
- Explain the importance of Medicare insurance, Medigap policies, and long-term care insurance (LTCI) policies in a retirement income plan
- Evaluate an individual’s or couple’s retirement readiness and recommend solutions to a potential retirement shortfall; and explain how this evaluation can be performed with and without the use of retirement planning calculators
- Describe income-generating strategies used in the decumulation phase, such as the systematic withdrawal strategy, the bucket strategy, and the flooring strategy; and explain the importance of asset allocation and periodic rebalancing during retirement
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!