LOMA 302 — The Policy Lifecycle: Insurance Administration
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course, Designation
Topics: Customer Service, Life Insurance, Operations & Administration
Designations: ACS, ALMI, ARA, FLMI
LOMA 302 is an online interactive course that uses a variety of media to present an in-depth study of insurance administration activities for individual and group life insurance, focusing on underwriting, customer service, and claims activities. The course includes examples from actual insurance applications and actual claims that allow the student to apply the knowledge learned in the course to real-life situations. LOMA 302 counts as the same course credit as LOMA 301 — Insurance Administration.
- Overview of Insurance Administration
- The New Business Process
- Underwriting Principles
- Assessing Mortality Risk in Individual Life Insurance
- Financial Underwriting for Individual Life Insurance
- Risk Classification for Individual Life Insurance
- Underwriting Specialized Coverages and Supplemental Benefits
- Underwriting Group Life Insurance
- Effective Customer Service
- Policyowner Service Transactions
- Overview of Claim Administration
- Administering Life Insurance Claims
- Claims for Supplemental Benefits
Module 1: Overview of Insurance Administration and Underwriting
- Lesson 1 — Overview of Insurance Administration covers topics such as systems processing, data management, data analytics, ethics, regulations, and reinsurance.
- Lesson 2 — The New Business Process and Underwriting Principles describes the new business process and includes topics such as the underwriting philosophy and guidelines, field underwriting, and teleunderwriting.
- Lesson 3 — Individual Life Insurance: Assessing Mortality Risk lists underwriting sources for medical and personal history information and describes how underwriters assess mortality risk.
- Lesson 4 — Individual Life Insurance: Financial Underwriting and Risk Classification describes financial underwriting and explains how underwriters determine the risk class.
Module 2: Specialized Underwriting
- Lesson 1 — Underwriting Specialized Coverages and Supplemental Benefits covers the underwriting of multi-life policies, juvenile insurance policies, direct response policies, business insurance, key-person insurance, replacement policies, and supplemental benefits.
- Lesson 2 — Underwriting Group Life Insurance describes sources of group life underwriting information and the group underwriting process.
Module 3: Customer Service
- Lesson 1 — Effective Customer Service includes topics such as becoming customer-centric, improving the customer experience, and monitoring customer service quality.
- Lesson 2 — Policyowner Service looks more closely at providing excellent customer service in the insurance company by describing routine and complex policyowner service transactions.
Module 4: Claim Administration
- Lesson 1 — Overview of Claim Administration describes the claim philosophy, the overall claim administration process, and improving quality in claims administration.
- Lesson 2 — Administering Life Insurance Claims looks at the specific steps in the life insurance claims evaluation process.
- Lesson 3 — Completing the Claims Evaluation Process focuses on paying claims and the rights of beneficiaries.
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
- Log in to your LOMA Learning account using your login ID and password.
- Browse the Learning Catalog for the course for which you would like to enroll.
- Select ADD TO CART next to the items for which you would like to enroll.
- Return to the catalog to continue searching for courses and add additional items to your shopping cart, or click the shopping cart to check out.
- Note: if you have not already done so, you will be prompted to log in to the LOMA learning system at this time. Once you have successfully logged in, click the shopping cart again to begin the checkout process.
- Review your shopping cart, and add any promotional or order discount code. Click CHECK OUT to proceed.
- If you are purchasing a physical product (example: a textbook), complete the SHIPPING information screen.
- Enter payment information
- If your company has set up direct billing with LOMA, an account code will appear next to the “Bill My Company” field.
- If you are using direct-to-company billing method, ensure that the radio button next to the “Bill My Company” field is selected and then click “Next” to continue.
- If you are paying for your enrollment by credit card, enter all of the required fields for a credit card transaction. Once you have provided all of the required information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review your order, accept LOMA’s Terms and Conditions, and click BUY NOW. An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you.