LOMA 291 — Improving the Bottom Line: Insurance Company Operations
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course
Topics: Life Insurance
Designations: ACS, AIRC, ALMI, ARA, CPLHI, FLMI, FLMI Level I
Part of the Need 2 Know series, LOMA 291 is an online course that uses a variety of media to teach operations, functions, and product development basics unique to the insurance organization. In addition, the course will teach that (1) a company’s success depends on its operational efficiency and effectiveness and (2) every employee has a role in ensuring the company’s financial success.
- Insurance Company Organization and Operations
- Corporate Governance, Ethics, and Control
- Risk and Risk Management
- Legal and Compliance
- Human Resources Management
- Information and Technology
- Financial Management
- Accounting, Treasury Operations, and Auditing
- Investment Management
- Product Development
- Product Distribution
- New Business and Underwriting
- Claim and Annuity Benefit Administration
- Customer Service
Module I: Company Overview
- Lesson 1: Many Stakeholders, Many Demands
- Lesson 2: The Great Organizational Pyramid: Unlock Its Mysteries
- Lesson 3: Risk, Return, and Risk Management
Module II: Product Administration
- Lesson 1: Distribution: Getting the Product to the Customer
- Lesson 2: New Business and Underwriting: Turning Prospects Into Insureds
- Lesson 3: Customer Service--Serving Customers Effectively
- Lesson 4: Claims Administration: Paying Out Death Benefits Promptly and Accurately
Module III: Marketing, Product Development and Compliance
- Lesson 1: Marketing
- Lesson 2: Product Development
- Lesson 3: Legal and Compliance Functions: Doing the Correct Things Correctly
Module IV: Financial Management
- Lesson 1: Financial Functions in an Insurance Company
- Lesson 2: Goals for Financial Management
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
How to Enroll
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
First time enrollers in LOMANET need to create a record.
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Choose language
- Click on Register.
- Enter your Company Number and Ed Rep Last Name and click Continue Registration
OR click Continue Registration for Independent Students.
- Enter Name, e-mail, and date of birth. Click Submit.
- You will receive your ID and a temporary password for LOMANET.
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on Enroll for Exam.
- Choose your course from the list.
- Click on the timeframe to access the course.
- Enter payment information and click Enroll.
To Access the Course
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on My Learning.
- Click on the link for the course you're studying.