LOMA 281 — Meeting Customer Needs with Insurance and Annuities
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course
Topics: Life Insurance
Designations: ACS, AIRC, ALMI, ARA, FLMI, FLMI Level I
Part of the Need 2 Know series, LOMA 281 is an online course that uses a variety of media to teach principles of insurance, insurance products, and the policyowner’s contractual rights. The course describes the features of individual and group life insurance and annuity products, and emphasizes how insurance companies serve customers and meet customer needs through the products they provide.
- Introduction to Risk and Insurance
- The Life and Health Insurance Industry and Its Regulation
- Life Insurance Policies as Contracts
- Financial Design of Life Insurance Products
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Term Life Insurance
- Cash Value Life Insurance
- Supplemental Benefits
- Individual Life Insurance Policy Provisions
- Life Insurance Policy Ownership Rights
- Principles of Group Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Retirement Plans
- Health Insurance Overview
Module 1: What Is Insurance?
Explore what customers know — and don’t know — about insurance products. This module teaches important principles of insurance, including:
- Risk and risk management
- Regulation of insurance
- Life insurance as a contract
- The value exchange in an insurance transaction
Module 2: Using Products to Meet Customer Needs
In this lesson, Michael Holden, a financial planner, encounters several customers in different financial situations. By watching Michael interact with his clients, you will see how insurers use various insurance and annuity products to meet customer needs. Some of the topics addressed in this module include:
- Term life insurance
- Cash value life insurance
- Fixed and variable annuity products
- Health insurance
Module 3: More About Life Insurance
What happens after a life insurance policy is in force? What information might customers need to know? In this lesson, you’ll see how Gloria, a seasoned customer service representative, helps policyowners and their loved ones understand the features of their policies, such as:
- Supplemental benefits
- Policy provisions
- Ownership rights
Module 4: Group Products
Group products are often a large part of an individual’s overall financial strategy. In this module, you’ll learn about the types of group products available and the important role they play in meeting customer needs. Specific topics include:
- Characteristics of group insurance
- Group retirement plans
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
How to Enroll
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
First time enrollers in LOMANET need to create a record.
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Choose language
- Click on Register.
- Enter your Company Number and Ed Rep Last Name and click Continue Registration
OR click Continue Registration for Independent Students.
- Enter Name, e-mail, and date of birth. Click Submit.
- You will receive your ID and a temporary password for LOMANET.
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on Enroll for Exam.
- Choose your course from the list.
- Click on the timeframe to access the course.
- Enter payment information and click Enroll.
To Access the Course
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on My Learning.
- Click on the link for the course you're studying.