AIRC 421 — Regulation of Life Insurance Products, Sales & Operations
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course, Designation
Topics: Compliance & Legal
Designations: AIRC, ARA, Compliance Essentials
AIRC 421 explains state and federal regulation of life insurance and annuity product design. The course also describes the regulation of life company operations, including underwriting, claims, reinsurance, market analysis and examinations.
- Regulation of Individual Life Insurance Products
- Life Insurance Advertising and Disclosure Requirements
- Regulation of Individual Health Insurance Products
- Health Insurance Advertising and Solicitation
- Regulation of Specific Health Insurance Products
- Regulation of Managed Care Plans
- Regulation of Reinsurance Agreements
- State Regulation of Group Life and Health Insurance
- Federal Regulation of Group Life and Health Insurance Plans
- Regulation of Credit Life and Health Insurance
- Regulation of Annuities and Retirement Products
- Describe the market analysis process.
- Identify the types of market conduct actions that state insurance departments may take and explain the purpose of a target examination.
- Describe how states coordinate market conduct oversight.
- Describe how state insurance departments schedule market conduct examinations and the techniques they use to conduct examinations.
- Describe the scope of market conduct oversight by the state insurance department.
- Identify the types of business records that examiners may review while conducting a market conduct examination.
- Describe the process state insurance departments use to report on a market conduct examination and the actions they may take when an examination report indicates violations.
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
How to Enroll
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
- Log in to your LOMA Learning account using your login ID and password.
- Browse the Learning Catalog for the course for which you would like to enroll.
- Select ADD TO CART next to the items for which you would like to enroll.
- Return to the catalog to continue searching for courses and add additional items to your shopping cart, or click the shopping cart to check out.
- Note: if you have not already done so, you will be prompted to log in to the LOMA learning system at this time. Once you have successfully logged in, click the shopping cart again to begin the checkout process.
- Review your shopping cart, and add any promotional or order discount code. Click CHECK OUT to proceed.
- If you are purchasing a physical product (example: a textbook), complete the SHIPPING information screen.
- Enter payment information
- If your company has set up direct billing with LOMA, an account code will appear next to the “Bill My Company” field.
- If you are using direct-to-company billing method, ensure that the radio button next to the “Bill My Company” field is selected and then click “Next” to continue.
- If you are paying for your enrollment by credit card, enter all of the required fields for a credit card transaction. Once you have provided all of the required information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review your order, accept LOMA’s Terms and Conditions, and click BUY NOW. An enrollment confirmation will be emailed to you.