AIRC 411 — The Regulatory Environment for Life Insurance
Course Type: Highly Interactive Online Course
Topics: Compliance & Legal
Designations: ACS, AIAA, AIRC, ARA, Compliance Essentials
AIRC 411 discusses the compliance function in a life insurance company and how the state and federal governments regulate life insurance companies operating in the United States.
- Introduction to Compliance
- State Regulation of the Insurance Industry
- State Regulation of Insurance Company Formation and Operation
- State Regulation of Insurance Producers
- State Filing and Approval Requirements
- State Regulation of Insurance Operations
- Market Analysis and Examinations
- Regulation of Insurer Solvency
- Federal Regulation of Insurance
- Federal Regulation of Securities
- Federal Taxation of Insurance Products
Module I: Introduction to Regulatory Compliance
Lesson 1: Introduction to Compliance (History of U.S. Insurance Regulation; Compliance Function; Ethics)
Lesson 2: State Regulatory Systems
Module II: Federal Regulation of Financial Services
Lesson 1: Federal Regulation of Insurance (Antitrust; Consumer Protection Laws; Privacy Laws)
Lesson 2: Federal Regulation of Securities
Lesson 3: Federal Taxation of Insurance Products
Module III: State Regulation of Insurance Operations
Lesson 1: Insurance Company Formation and Licensing
Lesson 2: Regulation of Insurer Solvency
LOMA’s popular online interactive courses teach important industry concepts through an engaging, highly interactive, multi-media approach that often includes integrated video, audio and scenario-based learning. Online interactive courses are designation courses with integrated exams—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
Online interactive courses are non-proctored designation courses—the modularized examinations are built right into the course as part of the learning experience. No separate exam enrollment required!
How to Enroll
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
First time enrollers in LOMANET need to create a record.
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Choose language
- Click on Register.
- Enter your Company Number and Ed Rep Last Name and click Continue Registration
OR click Continue Registration for Independent Students.
- Enter Name, e-mail, and date of birth. Click Submit.
- You will receive your ID and a temporary password for LOMANET.
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on Enroll for Exam.
- Choose your course from the list.
- Click on the timeframe to access the course.
- Enter payment information and click Enroll.
To Access the Course
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on My Learning.
- Click on the link for the course you're studying.