Benefits and Activities of LOMA Societies
Benefits of joining a LOMA Society
- Make valuable contacts
- Hear the latest in industry trends from speakers at Society functions
- Gain valuable insights into how other companies operate
- Enjoy contributing to your community through Society-sponsored community service projects
Check out our new Society Video!
Activities to enjoy with your LOMA Society
- Hold three or four dinner or luncheon meetings a year. Upcoming meetings are listed on the Society Calendar and usually feature a speech on a topic of current interest in the financial services industry and a session regarding Society business.
- Offer an annual seminar or workshop.
- Sponsor review classes for LOMA examinations when classes are not offered by local companies.
- Mentor LOMA students on a one-on-one basis, offering advice and encouragement to students pursuing the designation.
- Work with area colleges to obtain credits for LOMA courses completed.
- Honor new LOMA designation holders by hosting a recognition banquet (a boon for companies unable to offer recognition programs on their own).
- Create goodwill for the financial services industry through involvement in community outreach and charitable programs.