LOMA Examination Rules
LOMA Examination Rules
LOMA has established examination administration standards to guarantee the integrity of the examinations and examination procedures. Educational Representatives, proctors, and students must be aware of these standards and must understand that any violation of these standards endangers the respect afforded the designations. The appropriate committees of LOMA and its Education & Training Council continually review these standards, policies, and practices.
If a violation of examination administration standards is apparent or suspected, the procedure that ensures the proper investigation and handling of such violations is the Due Process Policy.
- Students must be adequately spaced from each other so they cannot see each other’s answers.
- A clock should be visible on the wall or on the computer.
- Lighting must be strong enough to operate a LOMA Calculator.
- The temperature of the room should be comfortable.
- The room should be quiet and out of range of any telephones ringing and other noises.
- The testing area should be away from others continuously walking by.
- Students must be in view of the proctor at all times.
- Paper exams must be administered according to the Official Examination Schedule.
- Students should arrive at the examination site at least 15 minutes early.
- If a student begins a paper exam after the scheduled start time, the student must complete the paper exam by the officially scheduled end time.
- Only blank scratch paper, a #2 pencil, and a LOMA calculator may be taken into the exam room.
- All scratch paper must be returned to the proctor upon leaving the exam room. Under no circumstances shall any portion of the exams be copied.
- All purses, textbooks, study materials, notes, charts and other materials must be kept with the proctor during the exam.
- Cell phones, pagers, and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) e.g., Palm Pilots, BlackBerrys, etc., must be turned off and given to the proctor before the examination.
- Students may be allowed to take restroom break, but must be monitored during that time by a proctor.
- Only one student may take a restroom break at a time.
- Smoking and smoking breaks are prohibited during the exam.
- Students may not have conversations with others during the exam.
- Students may wear earplugs, but not headphones.
- If the student must leave during the exam for an emergency, the exam will be graded at that point. If the student fails the exam, he or she must re-enroll with full fees.
- Paper exam booklets must be returned to the proctor after the exam.
- Report any suspected cheating or exam violations to LOMA’s Office of the Registrar immediately.