You may take I*STAR exams at Prometric Testing Centers throughout the United States and Canada. Prometric offers students the flexibility of taking exams after regular business hours and on Saturdays. Note: Prometric charges an administration fee of $95, which is in addition to the course enrollment fee.
Enrolling for and Scheduling an Exam Appointment at Prometric
- You must be enrolled for the Prometric version of the course through LOMA’s learning system at least 48 hours before scheduling your exam appointment at Prometric.
- When you enroll for the course, you will receive an enrollment confirmation email. You must print this confirmation and present it to the Prometric Testing Center when you arrive to take your exam. If you lose this confirmation email, you can access a copy in the “My Messages” section in your LOMA learning account.
- At least 48 hours after purchasing your enrollment, log on to www.prometric.com or call 1-800-998-5662 to schedule an exam appointment at a Prometric Testing Center. Prometric appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, and seating is subject to availability. Appointments can fill up quickly, so schedule as early as possible to make sure that you can complete your exam before your course access period expires.
- Arrive at the Prometric Testing Center 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment. Bring the enrollment confirmation that was emailed to you at the time of enrollment, plus 2 forms of ID bearing your name and signature, one of which MUST include a recent photo. (NOTE: If you do not have a photo ID for religious purposes, you may present an ID with a physical description.) Examples of valid forms of photo ID include: passport, driver’s license with photo and signature, a state ID card, and a military ID. Acceptable forms of secondary ID include a credit card, an ATM card, or a citizenship card. Your name on the ID must exactly match the name on the enrollment confirmation email.
Enrollments in Prometric exams may not be cancelled for any reason. If you do not sit for your exam before the end of your course access period (six months from date of enrollment), your course access will expire and all fees will be forfeited unless you purchase a course extension. To purchase a course extension, simply re-enroll in the course through LOMA’s learning system. If you qualify for a discounted course extension, your fees will be adjusted automatically in your Shopping Cart. LOMA will not refund enrollment fees if you do not sit for your examination.
Note: Rescheduling your appointment with Prometric does NOT automatically change your enrollment in the course through LOMA’s learning system. Likewise, re-enrolling in a course through LOMA’s learning system does NOT automatically change your scheduled Prometric exam appointment. Before re-scheduling an exam at a Prometric Testing Center, you must make sure you have not reached the end of your course access period in LOMA’s learning system.
If your course access period has expired, you must first log into LOMA’s learning system and re-enroll in the course.
Prometric appointments may be rescheduled without penalty if you reschedule your appointment 30 or more business days in advance of your scheduled test date. If you reschedule your appointment two to 29 days before the scheduled test date there will be a $35 rescheduling fee payable to Prometric at the time you reschedule. The fee is payable by credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) and you will be required to select your future appointment date at the time you reschedule. A rescheduling fee will be assessed each time you make any changes to your appointment within the two–29 day period before your currently scheduled test date. In the event that you reschedule your exam less than two days prior to the test or fail to appear, your exam fee will be forfeited.
Please note that Monday through Saturday are considered business days. Failure to reschedule more than two business days prior to your scheduled test date will result in a forfeiture of the $95 (U.S.) Prometric fee, and you will be required to pay this fee again to take your exam.
To reschedule your appointment, contact Prometric at www.prometric.com/loma or call 1-800-998-5662. Prometric’s Automated Voice Response System is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Extending Access for Designation Courses
If you have not completed your designation program’s online course requirements or proctored examination requirements by the end of the course’s six-month access period shown in your student record, you may re-enroll to extend your course access for an additional six-month period.
For highly-interactive online courses, re-enrolling allows you to retain your progress in the course, as long as the course’s materials have not been substantially revised since your original enrollment date.
For Course Portal courses, re-enrolling extends your access to the Course Portal and allows you to select a new proctored exam date, as long as you have not already taken the proctored exam for the course.
Course extensions can also be used to
- Change the language of the proctored exam for which you are enrolled.
- Change the type of proctored exam enrollment between paper and I*STAR. (Additional fees and restrictions may apply if changing to a Prometric exam type or rescheduling a Prometric exam.)
The cost for re-enrolling varies, depending upon when you re-enroll.
- If you re-enroll within one month of the end of your original course access period, you qualify for a discounted course extension price of $50. The discounted price will automatically be reflected in your Shopping Cart when you re-enroll via LOMA’s learning system.
- After the expiration of the one month discount period, you may re-enroll at the course’s full price. This full price will automatically be reflected in your Shopping Cart when you re-enroll via LOMA’s learning system.
Exam Procedures and Regulations
The following procedures apply to the administration of paper, I*STAR, and Prometric examinations:
- All paper exams must be taken according to LOMA's Paper Exam Schedule.
- Plan to arrive at the exam site 30 minutes before your exam begins. You may be required to furnish photo ID when taking an exam. If you arrive after the scheduled starting time for your paper exam, the exam may not be accepted by LOMA for grading.
- The "Official Exam/Proctor Instructions" mailed along with examinations to all paper exam proctors must be followed.
- Learners may not consult, discuss, review, or in any way use anyone else's answers or accept unauthorized assistance during the examination. Please note that LOMA uses specially designed software to detect possible cheating on LOMA exams.
- During the exam, learners may not have in their possession any outside materials including, but not limited to: notes, textbooks, tables, charts, graphs, cell phones, pagers, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), or digital media players, e.g. iPods.
- Only calculators bearing the official LOMA logo are permitted in the exam room. The official LOMA calculator is sold through PBD Worldwide.
- Additional procedures, regulations and information are posted in the Professional Development and Ed Rep sections of the LOMA website.
- Paper exam booklets must be returned to the proctors after the exam. The booklets will not be returned to students.
Grades for Proctored Exams
The minimum passing score on proctored examinations (I*STAR, Prometric, or paper) for Course Portal courses is 70 percent. Scores below 70 are listed only as F+ (within 10 points of passing) or F. Your numeric grade will be sent to you via email. Your grade email will also contain a chapter-by-chapter analysis of your performance on the proctored examination. Save or print this report for your records. Note that this Performance Analysis Report is sent to students, but not to Ed Reps.