You may take I*STAR exams at Prometric Testing Centers throughout the United States and Canada. Prometric offers students the flexibility of taking exams after regular business hours and on Saturdays.
Enrolling for and Scheduling an Exam Appointment at Prometric
- Register and enroll via LOMANET at least 48 hours before scheduling your exam appointment at Prometric. If you cannot access LOMANET, contact the Office of the Registrar at 1-800-ASK-LOMA (Option 1), or 770-984-3761, or via e-mail, email@example.com.
- Select the testing period in which you would like to take your exam (January–March, April–June, July–September, or October–December). If more than one testing period is open for enrollment, you should select the testing period that allows you adequate time to study and prepare for your exam.
- Submit payment for the Prometric examination fee (see page 72 of the 2014 Education & Training Catalog) to establish eligibility for one period of testing. You must sit for your exam during the testing period for which you are enrolled or purchase a fee transfer to transfer your enrollment to the next testing period. LOMA will not refund enrollment fees if you do not sit for your examination.
- Choose to receive an enrollment confirmation via e-mail, or print the “Enrollment Confirmation” screen that appears after submitting your enrollment.
- After 48 hours, log on to www.2test.com or call 1-800-998-5662 to schedule an exam appointment at a Prometric Testing Center. Prometric appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, and seating is subject to availability. Appointments for the end of each quarter fill up quickly, so schedule as early as possible.
- Arrive at the Prometric Testing Center 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment. In addition to your enrollment confirmation, bring 2 forms of ID bearing your name and signature, one of which MUST include a recent photo. Examples of valid forms of photo ID include: a passport, a driver’s license with photo and signature, a state ID card, and a military ID. In states where a photo is not included on the driver’s license, you may present an ID with a physical description. Acceptable forms of secondary ID include a credit card, an ATM card, or a citizenship card. Your name on the ID must exactly match the “Enrollment Confirmation.”
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policies
Enrollments in LOMANET for exams delivered through Prometric may not be canceled for any reason. If you do not sit for your exam before the end of the testing period for which you enrolled, your enrollment expires and all exam fees are forfeited unless you purchase a fee transfer.
Prometric appointments may be rescheduled without penalty if you reschedule your appointment 30 or more business days in advance of your scheduled test date within the testing quarter you have selected. If you reschedule your appointment two to 29 days before the scheduled test date there will be a $35 rescheduling fee payable to Prometric at the time you reschedule. The fee is payable by credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) and you will be required to select your future appointment date at the time you reschedule. A rescheduling fee will be assessed each time you make any changes to your appointment within the two–29 day period before your currently scheduled test date. In the event that you reschedule your exam less than two days prior to the test or fail to appear, your exam fee will be forfeited.
Please note that Monday through Saturday are considered business days. Failure to reschedule more than two business days prior to your scheduled test date will result in a forfeiture of the $95 (U.S.) Prometric fee, and you will be required to pay this fee again to take your exam. To reschedule your appointment go to www.prometric.com/loma or call 1-800-998-5662. Prometric’s Automated Voice Response System is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If your rescheduled appointment is near the end of one of LOMA’s testing periods, you must also make sure your LOMANET enrollment is still valid for the rescheduled date. For example, if you enroll for one testing period on LOMANET, and want to reschedule your Prometric testing appointment to the next period, you must first log into LOMANET, purchase a fee transfer, and re-enroll for the exam in the next testing period.
Note: Rescheduling your appointment with Prometric does NOT change your enrollment in LOMANET. Your enrollment will remain valid until the end of your current testing period. If you do not sit for your exam before the end of the testing period for which you enrolled, your enrollment expires and all exam fees are forfeited unless you purchase a fee transfer and enroll for the next exam period.
Prometric Exam Rescheduling Requirements
For each student who reschedules, arrives late or does not appear for a scheduled Test at a Prometric testing center, Prometric will charge the fees set forth in the table. Note that LOMA may also charge fees for these actions. Prometric appointments may be rescheduled without penalty if you reschedule your appointment 30 or more business days in advance of your scheduled test date within the testing quarter you have selected. If you reschedule your appointment two to 29 days before the scheduled test date there will be a $35 rescheduling fee payable to Prometric at the time you reschedule. The fee is payable by credit card only (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) and you will be required to select your future appointment date at the time you reschedule. A rescheduling fee will be assessed each time you make any changes to your appointment within the two–29 day period before your currently scheduled test date. In the event that you reschedule your exam less than two days prior to the test or fail to appear, your exam fee will be forfeited.
If you are unable to take your I*STAR or Prometric exam by the end of the exam period or your paper exam on the scheduled exam date, or you wish to switch from paper to I*STAR or I*STAR to paper, you may purchase a fee transfer. Fee transfers may be purchased via LOMANET through the “Check Enrollment Status” function. If your exam period has expired and your score is a “DN” (did-not-sit), you may purchase a fee transfer from the “Course History” page in LOMANET. If you are unable to access LOMANET, you may request a form from LOMA’s Office of the Registrar or download the form below.
Fee transfer guidelines
- For paper exams, fee transfers must be purchased within seven months from the date the exam was scheduled to be taken.
- For I*STAR exams, fee transfers must be purchased within seven months from the end of the quarter for which the learner was enrolled.
- Re-enrollment for the next exam period is not automatic when you purchase the fee transfer.
- Make sure you enroll for the course before your fee transfer expires. The fee transfer's expiration date will be listed on your Course History page in LOMANET.
- You must enroll for the same course for which you purchased the fee transfer.
Exam Procedures and Regulations
The following procedures apply to the administration of paper, I*STAR, and Prometric examinations:
- All paper exams must be taken according to LOMA's Paper Exam Schedule.
- Plan to arrive at the exam site 30 minutes before your exam begins. You may be required to furnish photo ID when taking an exam. If you arrive after the scheduled starting time for your paper exam, the exam may not be accepted by LOMA for grading.
- The "Official Exam/Proctor Instructions" mailed along with examinations to all paper exam proctors must be followed.
- Learners may not consult, discuss, review, or in any way use anyone else's answers or accept unauthorized assistance during the examination. Please note that LOMA uses specially designed software to detect possible cheating on LOMA exams.
- During the exam, learners may not have in their possession any outside materials including, but not limited to: notes, textbooks, tables, charts, graphs, cell phones, pagers, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), or digital media players, e.g. iPods.
- Only calculators bearing the official LOMA logo are permitted in the exam room. The official LOMA calculator is sold through PBD Worldwide [PBD Order # CALC-01].
- Additional procedures, regulations and information are posted in the Professional Development and Ed Rep sections of the LOMA Web site.
- Paper exam booklets must be returned to the proctors after the exam. The booklets will not be returned to students.
Grades for Exams Taken at Prometric Testing Centers
Prometric will provide you with an unofficial grade report. Your official grade will be e-mailed to you within a day or two if you have selected the e-mail delivery option in LOMANET. You may also log onto LOMANET and view your official score under “Course History.” In Course History, you can also generate a chapter-by-chapter “Performance Report” indicating how well you did on each chapter of the assigned reading materials for the course.