Paper exams are typically offered in May and/or November. The Paper Exam Schedule
indicates the exam dates and times. See the Registrar's Calendar
or download the Education Catalog
for LOMA's official enrollment deadlines for paper exams. Please note, your company's enrollment deadlines may be earlier than LOMA's official enrollment deadlines.
Enrolling for the Exam
Paper exams are typically offered in May and/or November. To enroll for a paper exam or for a bundled course that includes both the study materials and a paper exam enrollment, you enroll via LOMANET. Independent students should follow the instructions given on the Independent Student Enrollment page in the Help Center. When enrolling, keep in mind that you cannot enroll for an exam scheduled on a day your company will be closed, e.g., a national or company holiday for more than one exam scheduled on the same day at the same time. LOMA does not limit the number of exams you may take in each testing period. You are the best person to determine the number of exams you can prepare for in one cycle.
Paper Exam Enrollment Deadlines
Enrollments made by authorized member company students, independent students, and Ed Reps must meet the official LOMA deadlines to avoid additional fees.
Enrollments, Fees and Cancellations
- Enrollments may not be canceled for any reason after the official enrollment deadline.
- Fees are nontransferable between students or between courses.
- Switching courses without paying for the new course is prohibited. Credits and/or refunds will not be given for the course for which you initially enrolled.
If you don't have an Ed Rep or access to a Prometric testing center, click below to learn more about courses and paper exams for independent students.
As an independent student, you'll need to take your exam at a LOMA Third Party Exam Center if there is one in your area or designate a proctor — someone at your company who's in a supervisory position to you.
If you are unable to take your I*STAR or Prometric exam by the end of the exam period or your paper exam on the scheduled exam date, or you wish to switch from paper to I*STAR or I*STAR to paper, you may purchase a fee transfer. Fee transfers may be purchased via LOMANET through the “Check Enrollment Status” function. If your exam period has expired and your score is a “DN” (did-not-sit), you may purchase a fee transfer from the “Course History” page in LOMANET. If you are unable to access LOMANET, you may request a form from LOMA’s Office of the Registrar or download the form below.
Fee transfer guidelines
- For paper exams, fee transfers must be purchased within seven months from the date the exam was scheduled to be taken.
- For I*STAR exams, fee transfers must be purchased within seven months from the end of the quarter for which the learner was enrolled.
- Re-enrollment for the next exam period is not automatic when you purchase the fee transfer.
- Make sure you enroll for the course before your fee transfer expires. The fee transfer's expiration date will be listed on your Course History page in LOMANET.
- You must enroll for the same course for which you purchased the fee transfer.
Regrading Paper Exams
If a student disputes a grade, the Ed Rep can request a re-grade of the exam. Requests for a re-grade must be submitted in writing to the Office of the Registrar within three months of the exam date, and must be accompanied by a check or credit card payment
of $50 per exam. This fee will cover the time and effort to locate the student’s answer sheet and manually re-grade it. If LOMA has made an error in the grading process, the grade will be changed and the re-grade fee will be refunded. Because of the accuracy of LOMA’s grading procedures, it is very rare that a manual re-grade reveals a discrepancy in the grading. LOMA will not release the answers to any exam questions.
Exam Procedures and Regulations
The following procedures apply to the administration of paper, I*STAR, and Prometric examinations:
- All paper exams must be taken according to LOMA's Paper Exam Schedule.
- Plan to arrive at the exam site 30 minutes before your exam begins. You may be required to furnish photo ID when taking an exam. If you arrive after the scheduled starting time for your paper exam, the exam may not be accepted by LOMA for grading.
- The "Official Exam/Proctor Instructions" mailed along with examinations to all paper exam proctors must be followed.
- Learners may not consult, discuss, review, or in any way use anyone else's answers or accept unauthorized assistance during the examination. Please note that LOMA uses specially designed software to detect possible cheating on LOMA exams.
- During the exam, learners may not have in their possession any outside materials including, but not limited to: notes, textbooks, tables, charts, graphs, cell phones, pagers, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), or digital media players, e.g. iPods.
- Only calculators bearing the official LOMA logo are permitted in the exam room. The official LOMA calculator is sold through PBD Worldwide [PBD Order # CALC-01].
- Additional procedures, regulations and information are posted in the Professional Development and Ed Rep sections of the LOMA Web site.
- Paper exam booklets must be returned to the proctors after the exam. The booklets will not be returned to students.