LOMANET® allows learners to:
- Enroll online for exams, bundled courses, and online interactive courses
- View exam grades
- View an analysis of performance on Paper, I*STAR, or Prometric exams
- Access course history and progress toward earning designations
- Update personal information
- Purchase fee transfers
- Access online study materials for select designation courses
Accessing information on the LOMANET system requires a login ID and password. Contact the LOMANET HelpDesk at 1-800-ASK-LOMA (Option 1), 770-984-3761 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information.
Student Use of LOMANET
To maintain confidentiality, your student ID number and a LOMANET password are required to access your student record. If your current e-mail address has been entered into LOMANET, you can go to www.lomanet.org and request that your password be e-mailed to you by using Password Request. You can also request your password by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Getting Started with LOMANET
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Select Register.
- Fill out and submit the online registration form — make sure to provide a valid e-mail address. Enrollment confirmations are sent via e-mail.
- You will then receive a login ID and password to access LOMANET.
To receive your company’s membership benefits of lower fees, you will need your company number and Ed Rep’s last name upon registration.
Enrolling in an Online Designation Course
First time enrollers in LOMANET need to create a record.
- Go to www.lomanet.org.
- Choose language
- Click on Register.
- Enter your Company Number and Ed Rep Last Name and click Continue Registration
OR click Continue Registration for Independent Students.
- Enter Name, e-mail, and date of birth. Click Submit.
- You will receive your ID and a temporary password for LOMANET.
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on Enroll for Exam.
- Choose your course from the list.
- Click on the timeframe to access the course.
- Enter payment information and click Enroll.
To Access the Course
- Log into LOMANET.
- Click on My Learning.
- Click on the link for the course you're studying.
Enrolling in Course Portal Courses
Enrolling for courses delivered through Course Portals is easy. If you are not already registered in LOMANET, follow the instructions for Getting Started with LOMANET. Once registered, use your login ID and password to access LOMANET. Select the course and your exam type (I*STAR, Prometric, or paper) and desired exam period, and complete any additional steps concerning payment, etc. Once your enrollment is completed, click on “My Learning” in the selection menu. “My Learning” displays the course for which you’ve enrolled if your course provides access to online resources and study materials. Click on the course title, which launches your Course Portal in a new window.
You will have access to the Course Portal through the exam period selected during the enrollment process. If you do not sit for your exam by the end of the exam period, you will need to purchase a fee transfer to change your exam period to a future period. If you are taking your exam at a Prometric Center, please see the Prometric Exams section of the Help Center for full instructions on selecting an exam date and the process for purchasing fee transfers.
Enrolling for Exams and Bundled Courses
LOMA requires proctored examinations for many of its professional designation courses. Exams are administered in LOMA member organizations and in independent testing locations. This section provides information about exam formats, enrollment procedures for both exams and bundled courses, and exam fees.
LOMA exams vary in length from two–three hours. Consult your Test Preparation Guide (TPG) or see the Designation Study Materials Roadmap for specific information about the length of your exam. As new or revised LOMA courses are released, the number of examination questions for some course examinations may change. If you enroll for a bundled course delivered through a LOMA Course Portal, the assigned study materials are included in your enrollment and are accessible via the Course Portal. Your enrollment process will depend on the type of examination you choose to take:
LOMA offers two options for exam enrollment:
- Online enrollment via LOMANET, our Internet-based education administration system
- Enrollment forms for paper exams, for use by independent students only, can be found here.
I*STAR and Paper Exam Center Directories for testing at third-party locations
Students who fail exams must pay full dates to retake the exams, in most cases. However, bundled courses (those courses that include exam fees and study materials) have a reduced rate to retake the exam. See LOMA’s Education & Training Catalog for fees.
Traditional Course Access
LOMA's traditional-access designation courses teach industry topics using printed study materials and proctored examinations. Study materials include print textbooks and Test Preparation Guides (TPGs) with printed and electronic versions of the course's Practice Questions and Sample Exam. Enrollment for an I*STAR, Prometric or Paper exam is purchased separately through LOMANET.