Return to Homepage

Course Credit

ACS P&C Track

The customer service designation includes two Property and Casualty tracks. LOMA and the Institutes jointly sponsor a designation track for U.S. students, while The Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC) and LOMA jointly sponsor a designation track for Canadian students. Students with credit from the Institutes can receive credit towards the ACS designation by completing the request form and providing proof of the P&C credit.

CE Credit

Life and Health agent continuing education (CE) programs accept LOMA education courses as continuing education credit in most states and some provinces. CE credit is not submitted automatically; it must be requested upon completion of a LOMA course.

Learners may also submit requests for CE credit on LOMANET. A $35 (U.S.) fee per course is required.

NOTE: LOMA monitors the frequency of customer requests for CE credit in its programs, and balances this demand against the administrative expense associated with complying with individual states' requirements for their respective CE programs. As a result of declining demand and increasing administrative expense, LOMA has determined that it will not offer CE credit for its courses and programs after December 31, 2014.

Learners can continue to apply for and obtain CE credit for LOMA courses that are completed by December 31, 2014; however, because CE credit for select courses in some states may expire in the months leading up to the discontinuation date, please check the State Approval Chart, which is consistently updated, to ensure availability.

For additional information, please e-mail

Credit from Other Programs

LOMA grants course credit for some other insurance-related designation programs. Students may receive credit for up to three LOMA courses at $70 per course credit. A list of approved courses for transfer credit is included in the transfer credit application form.

Professional Achievement Credit (PACs)

Students working towards the FFSI designation are required to complete three PACs. AAPA courses count as PACs, and are automatically given credit. Other credit must be submitted to LOMA.

Request a Transcript

Need a professional development transcript for academic credit, job requirements, or personal records? Transcripts and CE credit can be ordered directly in LOMANET. You can also complete and submit the Transcript Request Form to the Office of the Registrar. Records preparation and mailing takes two to four weeks from receipt of the completed request.